Thursday, March 29, 2007

Shazam--With Stripes!


Wrong Side Out



Right Side Out

Either way, these are Inside Out! socks from the BMFA February sock kit in the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club.

I joined the club to push myself to learn more sock techniques, and boy, did I learn on these socks. First of all, the pattern is truly amazing. Thank you, Kaci. It's a toe-up (and a beautiful one) with a short row heel, neither of which I had done before. The leg is done in a reversible cable and that was new to me, too.

At first I was worried about the lack of striping like I saw in some other finished socks. Then, after trying several sizes of needles, I decided they were going to do what they wanted to do and I was going to be okay with it. I like the way they have become uniquely mine with their zig-zagged feet and striped legs.

All in all, a challenging pattern and a pretty fine result.

11 comments:

Holly said...

Really nice, they look perfect.

renee said...

I think they look really cool. Especially that wrong side out pattern.

Beth said...

Hi! I'm in the sock club too and have finished the first sock - should have the 2nd finished tomorrow night.

Love your socks! Love the "flashing". And you're right, this pattern is awesome!

Tanya said...

I love the pooling that mine did, too. I think it just adds to the unique-ness of handknit socks!

Yours really are beautiful! Enjoy!

Tammy said...

Oh wow!!! Your socks came out great!
Tammy

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Excellent! I loved how they pooled and then went stripy up the ankle.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

No, I hadn't heard of Library Thing before. Gee, thanks for telling me about it. Looks great!

Jen said...

I think they look just great!

ali said...

stripes or no stripes, the socks turned out great- looks like a fun pattern.
happy knitting,
ali

Missmalice said...

I think your socks are gorgeous! (hee hee, you are right, our socks are definitely cousins, if not sisters!) Fun pattern. Might try it out with my other STR yarn!

Cynthia said...

I just love how variegated yarns turn out different pooling/striping for everyone! And I think in this colorway, whatever it does it looks pretty!

They're beautiful!