Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Not Another Pair of Gray Socks!


Yes! Another boring pair of gray socks!

The rib part of this sock is from Nancy Bush's Hiiumaa sock #1 from Knitting on the Road. I plan to make the toe and heel in the cream color.


And I received a shipment in the mail today, compliments of my dear sister. It's my long-coveted Nancy's Knit Knacks yarn meter, along with two sock knitting books and a KnitPicks chart keeper. Woo-Hoo!


Since I like to make two socks at a time (to avoid the "one sock syndrome), it's advantageous to be able to divide one skein of yarn equally. Dumb luck has been my fortune in the past when dividing yarn, but in the future--exact measurement!

And here is a tool that I have promised myself for awhile. A cordless drill/driver. Plain old screwdrivers are hard on a knitter's hands. I have already used it several times. Life is short. Get the drill.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am glad to hear that your sister is doing much better! And, I love your new pair of socks!

Guinifer said...

Love the handheld power tools.
Very sexy drill.