Saturday, February 10, 2007

Florida!


It seems tawdry to tell you we were in Florida for a week while Minnesota braced against frigid below temps. But we were, and this is the morning sunrise from the balcony of our suite. I did not want to return...that, from a true homebody is saying something! The temperatures were cool for Florida, but it was still a lovely trip.

This is the Daytona Pier, which has a long and interesting history. On our way to Florida, we drove through Biloxi and saw the beautiful beach and all the empty places after Katrina. As we were driving, they said on the news that State Farm wasn't going to insure any property within a thousand feet from the shore. Property is for sale all along the coast.


The Judge and I haunt the local bookstores, yarn shops (me) and antiques shops. This fabulous Haviland dish was in a shop in Daytona, and at a dime store price. The photo doesn't do it justice. Now where shall I hang it???

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am glad you had a good trip! I am sorry that you had to come back to the cold cold weather! :)

renee said...

I'm so jealous! It was so dang cold, all I wanted to do was hop a plane and find some sun!