Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hiiumaa Socks - Finished!



Pattern:
Hiiumaa Mates #2 from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush.

Yarn: MC: Patons Kroy Sock yarn (Glencheck) and CC: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Color 1298.

Needles: #1 Susan Bates double points.

Comments: The pattern calls for 72 stitches to be cast on, and I followed the pattern faithfully, resisting the urge to add length to the leg. The heel is rather interesting because it does not look reinforced, but it actually does have a unique reinforcing stitch. This is a lovely pattern, and I am now a real fan of Nancy Bush.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love the socks! I love the little bit of striping!

Knitika said...

Thanks for linking to these. I'm so glad to see a finished pair. The colours are perfect, and the socks look great!

I'm currently in the middle of the heel flap on my own pair of Hiiumaa socks, and I'm really liking the effect, too.