Monday, January 22, 2007

Autumn Stripes - Finished!

Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel color #5030
Pattern: My own remix
Needles: #2 Susan Bates Quicksilver
Comments: This yarn has been in my stash for awhile. Somehow the colors seemed too wild for a gal who prefers neutrals. But I love these socks! I like that the striping has a tweedy effect that appears random but you can still match the socks. When starting to knit socks seven months ago, I really wanted to make a pair of "slouch" socks--remember those? Using #2 needles goes faster than the #1's I normally use, and the socks are generally a tiny bit large for me. Even though they aren't quite "slouch," the larger socks are nice with boots and just wearing around the house. And when I first put them on, I didn't want to take them off!

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

Those socks are gorgeous - and they do match beautifully!

Jen said...

I love the color of those socks!