Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Circles Around the Holidays



When preparing a special meal like Thanksgiving or Christmas, I always find myself figuratively if not literally going in circles when it's time to mash the potatoes and carve the burnt offering. The same circles happen as the holidays approach.

I am now going in circles with my knitting. Who starts something new and interesting just before Christmas when they need to be finishing up that scarf so it can be wrapped? To be a bit gentle with myself, I actually started these several weeks ago but frogged them because the corners looked too sloppy. Would that show after felting? And for that matter, whose hand will they fit anyway? When I get to the felting, will I be going in circles then, too? Aaargh!

The yarn is Cascade 220 - The Heathers.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Cute pattern.
Felting is always a gamble, isn't it?
Hope you surive the circles.