Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The 70's Sweater


The Best of Times---The Worst of Times

If anyone reading this is old enough to remember 1977 (it was the best of times; it was the worst of times), they might have been enamored of this knitting pattern featured on the cover of Family Circle magazine. It was a classic, and I had to have it. I made it, with my limited knitting skills. As luck would have it, it turned out rather nicely. I added a loop and a wooden button to keep me a bit warmer, but kept to the pattern in all other ways.

And I was lucky enough to find the original magazine intact in an antiques shop in Wisconsin. You just gotta dig for some things!

I still have the sweater (Mom says you should never toss a sweater) and if I can get a good photo of it, I'll post it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater, Kay. Where have you been hiding it?????

Anonymous said...

I'm not anonymous intentionally...I'm anonymous reluctantly due to technical difficulties. Such as not remembering my password. Can you guess who this is??? (Hint: forgetfulness can be caused by pain)