Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh! Christmas Tree!

Well, my light-stringing skills will not land me a job at the local discount store, that's for sure. But I still like the tree top ornament I purchased used for fifty cents (in it's original box, too), even though my camera didn't include the whole of its majesty.

And notice the bubble-like glass balls. They photographed rather strangely. I always wanted some of those, and this was the year. The snowflake is an old plastic ornament from the 1950's or 60's. I found a few of them in a Des Moines antiques shop--some turquoise and some clear.

Last year I splurged on the blue l.e.d. dome lights. They are really bright. When I turn off all the house lights and the white lights on the tree, it resembles Darth Vader. This was purely unintentional.

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

Your tree looks delightful.

renee said...

Very pretty!