Saturday, September 23, 2006

Monkey Socks

Remember Monkey Socks?

Are those old-fashioned work socks (that crafters used to make monkey dolls) still available? Some years ago, these hand fashioned monkeys were showing up in antiques shops. Remembering the monkey dolls which I really loved, my version of monkey socks was born.

Having planned these a couple socks ago, I ignored my rule for not starting more than one pair of socks and cast on for the monkey socks at the same time as the yellow socks.

They look so "north woods." The red yarn is such a lovely color that I purchased more for a pair of solid red socks.

These will probably end up having just the ribbing and the toe in red, leaving the heel in the tweed. One of my friends thinks I should make the heel in red also. What do you think?

1 comment:

renee said...

I've seen those socks around every now and then. They used to have the heel in red, so I think to be authentic, it should have a red heel too. Then if you decide you don't like wearing them, you can make a sock monkey!